Master of Science Program in Dentistry
|Thai||หลักสูตรวิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต สาขาวิชาทันตแพทยศาสตร์ (หลักสูตรนานาชาติ)|
|English||Master of Science Program in Dentistry (International Program)|
Name of Degree and Major
|Full Title||Thai||วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต (ทันตแพทยศาสตร์)|
|English||Master of Science (Dentistry)|
Vision of the program
International study program with international standards committed to aim at creating and developing excellent graduates for international society under sustainable management
Mission of the program
To provide high quality postgraduate education, training in dentistry and research in 8 areas including advanced general dentistry, community dentistry, endodontics, maxillofacial prosthetics, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral medicine, and pediatric dentistry. in order to improve oral health nationwide and internationally.
Philosophy of the curriculum
This curriculum aims to produce Master’s degree students who are knowledgeable, expertise and high-level skills in dentistry in the 9 majors. The students should be able to apply the knowledge to treat patients with advanced technology by studying and researching clinical practice or dental public health including research to create knowledge which will beneficial to people. These knowledge and skills must be based on ethics and code of ethics and professional.
By the end of the study, the Master is qualified according to the graduate qualification standards as follows:
1.Possess moral standards and professional ethics
2.Understand the principles and theories related to the fields: (1) Advanced General Dentistry (2) Community Dentistry (3) Endodontics (4) Maxillofacial Prosthetics (5) Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (6) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (7) Oral Medicine (8) Pediatric Dentistry and can provide treatment and proper clinical practice accordingly
3.Observe Initiate, analyze, summarize, criticize research and conduct research in Dentistry according to major or other health science based on the professional moral and right procedure of research and apply the knowledge for the dental field
4.Achieve good communication team work skills with leadership and high responsibility
5.Apply information technology to search for learning, conducting research, data analysis and effective presentation
When students have graduated, the graduated student will have the following qualifications.
- ELO 1
Expressing a profound insight into modern science and covering their majors and able to integrate integrative medicine and dentistry to apply to solve the problems of patients
- ELO 2
Able to ethically and professionally take care of patients with specific diseases in oral and maxillofacial in accordance with the regulations of the Dental Council regarding the ethics of the dental profession.
- ELO 3
Has the ability to evaluate the scientific evidence and independently conduct a research
- ELO 4
Participate in social activities to promote good oral health of the people and able to work together with other health related personnel.
- 1. Dentist with advanced skills in Dentistry according to major
- 2. Researcher with skills and competent in dentistry and other related fields.
- 1 Must be a graduate with a DDS Degree from an accredited dental school. International students having not a DDS degree are required to provide class rank and academic curriculum of their program at the home institution.
- 2 Must have cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
- 3 Must have at least one year working experience in dental practice.
- 4 Other English language requirements: (validity of two years)
a) TOEFL iBT score of at least 54 or
b) TOEFL lTP score of at least 480 or
c) IELTS score of at least 5.0 or
d) MU Grad TEST score of at least 60
- 5 Must have dental license from the Thai Dental Council or any other license that the Program committee considers equivalent
- 6 Must fulfill the regulations of the Faculty of Graduate Studies as appeared on the website: www.grad.mahidol.ac.th/grad/admission. An exemption from compliance with the regulations may be granted by the Program Committee and Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Coordinator : Prof. Natthamet Wongsirichat
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate Educational Administration Division
Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University
No. 6, Yothi Road, Ratchathewi District, Bangkok 10400 THAILAND
Tel: +66(0)2-200-7634, 7642
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org