Guide to the Finals : Click here!
DTIS 208 Dental Ethics
Course Description: History of dental profession and organization, definition of professionalism, dental ethics, principle of ethics and code of conduct in dentistry, patients’ rights, analysis of ethical issues and ethical decision making.
Students are able to:
1. Know the development in the dental field through history of dentistry and realize the importance of the profession.
2. Discuss about professionalism, dental ethics, principles of ethics and code of conduct in dentistry including patients’ rights.
3. Analyze the ethical issues with appropriate reasoning and make decision ethically.
4. Get to have a positive attitude in practising dentistry in the challenging society.
Credits: 1 (1-0-2)
Assistant Professor Pornpoj Fuangtharnthip
Dr. Manop Khanijou
Dr. Binit Shrestha
Dr. Piamkamon Vacharotayagul
Course coordinator: Assistant Professor Pornpoj Fuangtharnthip
1) Term examination 50 %
2) Class participation and attendance 50 %
A attendance 10 %
B activity/participation 20 %
C assignment/homework 20 %