‘English Communication for Dental Clinic Staff’ Training Program
International Relations Unit, Organization Communication Section, Mahidol University Faculty of Dentistry, held a short-term training program entitled ‘English Communication for Dental Clinic Staff’ on Wednesday afternoons during 01.00 p.m. – 04.00 p.m. from February 24th to April 21st, 2021. Guest speakers from the Faculty of Dentistry and other educational institutes were as follows:
1) Assoc. Prof. Dr. Somsak Mitrirattanakul, Assistant Dean for International Undergraduate Program and Network Collaboration and Head of Department of Masticatory Science
2) Asst. Prof. Dr. Kawin Sipiyaruk, a lecturer from Department of Orthodontics
3) Mr. David D. Perrodin, English Language Specialist from Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University
4) Dr. Hathaichanok Komintarachat from School of Liberal Arts, Assumption University of Thailand
5) Lecturer Sasawat Chimnikorn from Kando Writing, an English language school
Asst. Prof. Dr. Kajohnkiart Janebodin, Assistant Dean for International Undergraduate Program and Network Collaboration, delivered opening remarks and extended a warm welcome to guest speakers from outside.
The training program was aimed to encourage the dental clinic staff to communicate with foreign patients who seek dental treatments in English through 5 topics as follows:
1) English for Patient Communication at Dental Unit
2) English for Scheduling Medical Appointment via Phone Call and in Person at Counter
3) Explanation of Medical Service Procedures in English
4) Introduction to Oral Health Self-Care after Dental Treatment in English
5) English for Complaint Management
Participants of the program included 19 dental assistants from different clinics in Dental Hospital, Mahidol University Faculty of Dentistry.